Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising can be a cost effective way to drive traffic to your website. There are a number of benefits and challenges to consider.
Advantages of pay-per-click advertising
The benefits of running PPC advertising include:
- Cost effective – because you only pay when a user actually reaches your website, it can be good value for money. You can choose to spend as much or as little as you like.
- Targeted – you can choose your audience according to demographics like location, language and device
- Measurable – PPC campaigns can be set up to carefully measure effectiveness. You can determine exactly how much your return on investment is.
- Customisable – as you run your campaigns, you can make many small adjustments to improve based on what works best.
- Training resources – there are many (often free) online courses and training materials to help you develop your skills.
- Fast – you will see the impact of your PPC efforts almost immediately. Organic search engine optimisation (SEO) tactics can take months to make a difference.